1-2 day workshop for the planning and implementation of successful strategies to win disputes.
This course deepens delegates’ understanding of dispute resolution processes and focusses on the planning and implementation of strategies to win disputes.
Topics covered in this course:
- Not losing sight of a positive ratio between the (real) amount at dispute and the cost of arbitration
- Aiming at negotiated settlements
- Managing internal stakeholders (project managers/directors, project sponsors, senior management, legal counsel, etc)
- Managing internal expectations of outcomes
- Major arbitration rules, process & procedures (tribunal, hearings,..)
- Different legal jurisdictions affecting procedure & practice
- Preparing the case – Telling a story
- Preparing for hearings
- What’s it like to be a witness of fact
- Commissioning & supporting expert witnesses
- Preparing to give oral & written evidence
- Expert witness reports
The content can be tailored to the specific needs and requirements of the organisation.
Who is this for?
Business, Contract & Commercial Managers, Project Control & Procurement Managers, Project Managers with an interest in dispute resolution.
- Knowledge transfer
- Interactive through discussions & problem solving
- Case studies and examples from practice
Public course (See events for available UK dates)