A customised whole team workshop aimed at maximising project commercial performance.
The “Planning for Profit” is a 1 ½ – 2 day workshop customised for your project. This is not generic training about contracts or change management. Your team will be learning on their project, bringing their experiences to share, and we will co-create a plan to successfully and profitably deliver your project.
The main outcomes for your team are;
- To gain an understanding of the commercial deal that is the basis for this project – to lift the engineers out of their day jobs for a few hours and give them the big picture perspective
- To explain the key contractual and commercial provisions in the Head Contract and surrounding contracts – what is the scope, what are the risks, liabilities, milestones
- To learn that understanding the scope is at the heart of commercial project management – and to discuss what that scope is for this project and what its boundaries are o Start the team thinking about what successful delivery looks like and what are the challenges which could get in the way
- To identify all the project interfaces and need for the flow of information and communication across the complex network of teams involved – both inside and outside your organisation
- To leave the workshop with a personalised action plan for planning for profit Typically conducted within the first 30 days after Contract commencement for maximum impact
Typically conducted within the first 30 days after Contract commencement for maximum impact.
Who is this for?
Involving both the sales team (day 1 only) and the new project team (days 1 and 2) plus support from the senior sponsor – in your office or offsite.
New team members to include:
- Project Manager
- Engineering Manager
- Lead Engineers
- Planning and Cost Control
Typically not more than 20 people in total.
- Workshop based project planning
- ‘Live’ project learning
- Key contractual and commercial analysis
- Project scope and boundary identification
- Personalised action planning
Public course (See events for available UK dates)